Father’s Day honors dad and all the father-figures in our lives. It’s the one time a year intended to thank them for their sacrifices and show appreciation for their support. So, spend the day enjoying some quality time together. Serve him a fresh menu fit for a king! Whether dad wants to man the grill or is willing to let you show off your grilling skills, Surf and Turf Kabobs are a delicious option.
Southwestern Surf & Turf Kabobs
- 1 lb. steak, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1-1/2 tsps. ground cumin
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before assembling. Thread skewers with steak cubes and shrimp. Place assembled kabobs in a plastic bag and set aside.
- Whisk dressing, lime juice, honey and cumin in a bowl. Pour over the skewers, close the bag and turn to coat evenly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat (~350˚F). Remove skewers from marinade and discard any excess. Close grill lid and cook ~ 4 minutes per side, until shrimp is pink and steak cubes are cooked to internal temp of 145˚F.